Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Day 28. Hosted a Shaill family get together

Today I had all of my Dad's side of the family over to my flat for a meal for the first time.

Inspired by having my dad come over earlier as another first, I had my whole family on my dad's side over and hosted a mini-Christmas celebration. There were 11 of us in total and it was such a lovely, special occasion to be able to cook for them (lasagne and tiramusu- layer upon layer of cheese and cream. Some of them are getting too slim these days so thought I'd readdress their hard work), share where I live and see everyone together catching up.

It made me feel better about not being able to be with them for Christmas Day this year and it was great to be able to finally treat them to some nice food and drink after the years that I've been looked after so well at their houses on such family get togethers. I hope it can become a new family tradition each year now and to have them back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment