
Today I watched a fashion shoot and took part in a casting through the ShowStudio exhibition at Somerset House.
An exhibition formed out of a website is always going to be problematic in terms of how you curate and display material that is mainly film and online-based into a physical space. I think that the curators did well in parts but there were the usual issues with broken technology and too much reliance on text panels and dodgy inter actives for my liking.
I was disappointed (but not surprised) that Lily Allen was a no show at the Live Studio but none the less enjoyed watching two fashionistas be photographed by Nick Knight via the 2-way mirror in the studio. I didn't know who the subjects were but enjoyed being a voyeur on the process between photographer and model and seeing in person what I already suspected- that modelling is actually not as glamourous and magical a process as it seems through the photographs.
Was interesting to see the different roles involved in re-touching and lighting the shots and to see how many shots the subjects had to play with to get the good ones.
I also took part in the interactive 'Casting' part of the exhibition. See my casting online here. I wouldn't usually have (and it made me feel rather uncomfortable-I'm not a big fan of the camera or being subjected to my reflection in that way) but in the spirit of firsts and trying to be more brave I had a go. I don't thing Lily, Kate or Agyness have anything to worry about...Man, am I glad I don't put myself through that on a daily basis.http://www.showstudio.com/project/fashionrevolutioncasting/
No comments:
Post a Comment