Friday, 11 December 2009

Day 10. Discovered The Black Apple and had birdnest hair at work



Today I received a random Facebook friend request from someone who'd seen my name in a newspaper article from over a year ago and this happily led me on to discover a very talented Oregon illustrator called Emily Martin or The Black Apple.

I adore her work and the female characters she has created. It is reminiscent of a style have seen and admired in other artists work, including several Japanese artists, but these are done particularly well and have an especially nostalgic and romantic quality that I love. I will be visiting her sites between now and Christmas to carefully decide which pieces I would like to strategically leave clues leading towards to my friends and family...or treat myself too is the more likely event. J'adore. Could inspire my tattoo design for when I get around to that first?

Thanks to Mary-Jane for leading me to this happy discovery today and helping provide my new thing for today.

Oh yes, and I also wore a bird on my head for the first time at work today in my messy, bird-nest like hair today. I have often adorned my head with fake birds before in the home or going out but not in the office (nor shopping on Oxford Street as I also did today) so this was another little first for today.

Day 10- eek, a tenth of the way through already. I'm finding hard at the moment to find motivation or time to do bigger firsts but even the change of habit and making myself look for new things in the little things is enjoyable and making me a little bit better each day I hope....

No comments:

Post a Comment