
Today I watched Where the Wild Things Are for the first time and saw a picture book that I remember with lots of fondness come alive on the big screen.
The film was different to how I'd imagined it might have been interpreted but I think Spike Jonze succeeded in creating a beautiful, self-contained film that allowed me to escape to another reality for the duration into the wild landscapes and characters of Max's imagination.
The soundtrack by Karen O didn't disappoint and the film moved me to tears at the end (rather embarrassingly). I liked how the film dealt with emotions of love, loneliness and family. I love the fact that one of the wild things was called Carol as well. Inspired.
Next up, I want to see The Hungry Caterpillar similarly transferred to film. Now there is a challenge...
Just wanted to say I'm enjoying your 100 days project, and I also can't wait to get out and see Where The Wild Things Are. I saw the trailer for it back in the summer and that made me cry, so I can't imagine what the film is going to do...
ReplyDelete