Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Day 26. Worked on Boxing Day



I worked on Boxing Day for the first time this year.

Back in October I volunteered to go in, hoping it would get me some brownie points and knowing that double pay and a day off lieu is not to be sniffed at.

It was a long day and I did slightly miss the rituals of film watching and spending more time with my mum and brother eating leftovers as I usually would to start with, but I ended up having a fantastic time. It was nice to be active and not stuffing my face with stuffing.

I was producing an Argentinian Tango event-see video footage here(but did no dancing- will have to wait to take a workshop to tick that one off my list) and met some lovely people and like to think that I helped play a small part in helping hundreds of other people enjoy a day of social dancing. I learnt for the first time about Argentinian tango and how it is a conversation between 2 people and not about pushing someone around the floor in the style I imagined from very strong-led male tango I've seen. I liked what the teacher Jenney had to say about the passion behind it and how people of all ages and abilities took to the floor to enjoy themselves. I think I want to have more active Boxing Days from now on.

I also had an argument with a machine for the first time that day too. Darn that rude car park assistant. I could've kicked that talking post...

No comments:

Post a Comment