Wednesday, 2 December 2009

List of things I have never done...

Okay so so far I've played it pretty safe with my firsts that I've tried...easing myself in, warming myself up. I've been collecting suggestions from friends, family and strangers and so now have collated together quite a sizeable list of things that I've not ever done before that I can attempt to tick off (in whatever order I can) before 10 March 2010.

It was quite good to be able to say I'd already actually done several of the things others suggested- perhaps I have lived a little bit more than I'd realised and made me consider how many things I already have experienced in my little existence. Still lots more to try though and here are some of them.

Please do add on ideas for what I may yet to have done before through comments.

I am yet to ever:
- Drive a car
- Get a tattoo
- Travel outside of Europe
- Eat oysters
- Go to work without any underwear on
- Walk to work through London
- Go on a blind date
- Go speed dating
- Get a full body massage
- Go on an open top bus tour through London like a tourist
- Whisper a secret in the Whispering Gallery at St Paul's
- Attend a burlesque class
- Learn a hula hooping trick
- Drink absinthe
- Sing a solo at karaoke
- Go to a football match
- Swim in Hampstead Heath bathing ponds
- Eat jellied eel
- Consumed a hallucinogenic substance
- Stencil graffiti
- Dance the Argentinian tango
- Busk
- Visit Père Lachaise cemetery in Paris
- Cook a whole roast dinner without any help
- Go to Ireland
- Be silent for an entire day
- Get my eyes tested at the opticians
- Publish a book
- Perform at an open mic night
- Watch Pulp Fiction
- Watch all of the Star Wars films in order
- Swim in London Fields lido
- Go inside Viktor Wynd's Little Shop of Horrors
- Kickbox
- Visit a mosque/non-Buddhist temple
- Bogle on the balcony to TLC
- Played boggle wearing Florence's boggle hat
- Fire a gun
- Sponsor a child
- Read The Guardian cover to cover, word for word
- Visit Villandry, my brother's restaurant
- Place a bet on a horse
- Write a piece of erotic fiction
- Be part of a political protest/march
- Eat cobnuts
- Get a stamp in my passport
- Go to the station/airport and buy a ticket for the next train/plane leaving
- Eat tripe
- Witness something being born
- Try fruitarianism
- Read all of Revelation
- Catch a fish

and so the list could go on and on and on...
That'll give me somewhere to start anyway.

More suggestions of things I should do for the first time welcome please...

No comments:

Post a Comment