Okay, catch up time for the blog...and there seems to be a bit of a bottom theme emerging. Hmmm...
On Saturday I accepted a lovely lady's help to help me carry a mannequin bottom home through the streets of Hackney. Something I haven't done before, would you believe?
I was selling cakes at BUST Christmas Craftacular from the delightfully unusual cake stand that is a lower half of a mannequin that we found at a jumble sale. It made for an eye catching vessel to sell the cakes from, leading to them all selling out in the first few hours. Hurray!
I also sold gingerbread baboushkas for the first time and they also got snapped up in quick time. Lovely to see people enjoying my baked goods.
On the bus home an older lady was chuckling at me whilst I struggled to balance my cake trays and the plaster bottom and as we got off the bus at the same stop she very kindly offered to assist me with carrying it home.
I'd usually be stubborn but accepting her help (right to my door as she insisted- what a lovely local lady she was) makes me actually a bit of a better person I think as I've realised it's really rather polite and nice to accept people's kindness rather than shun it. Thank you to that helpful woman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment