Today my dad, his wife and their dog came to visit me for lunch in my flat for the first time.
This is really something that I should have done before but for one reason and another I realised on my Dad and his wife's visit today that I've never had them come and spend time seeing where I live before or played host to them. Having moved a couple of months ago to a new area, it was good to be able to share with them where I am and catch up over lunch.
My dad has seen places where I've lived before but never actually stayed for food or hung out and to spend the afternoon with them here, introducing them to the area and one of my flatmates felt good.
I'm having extended family on my dad's side over for a Boxing Day dinner too and it makes me feel all rather grown up...and it's good to show them that Hackney isn't as dodgy as they might think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment