

Today I ate an oyster for the first time.
I finally have done something from the list and it feels good. I'm going to try up the pace and tackle more of these things now.
It was delicious. I ate it with a little bit of lemon, bought fresh from a slow food market by South Bank on my break at work and eaten in the brisk outdoors. A finer experience for £1 I can’t imagine…
The glutinous, snot like giant oyster stared back at me from its shell as I built up the courage to devour it…daring me not to be able to stomach it. It’s not something I’d instinctively think to put near my mouth if I came across it on the beach…
I knew I was meant to let it slide straight down but I couldn’t quite fit it all in so gave it a quick chew before realizing (as it oozed out in my mouth) that this was NOT the thing to do...not a pleasant sensation. So I swallowed swallowed swallowed and it slipped down into my belly.
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it- tis true that it’s the taste of the sea. A new experience I shall definitely be repeating.
So far I’ve been more creative than adventurous I think, having to create new things to try rather than tackle the things that I know I’ve not done before from my list. I’ve realised that there are often reasons why I’ve not yet tried things and suddenly doing them isn’t always easy. But I’m determined to try to do the ones that I think should be tackled. When done, the sense of satisfaction and discovery is well worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment