Sunday, 6 December 2009

Day 5. Competed in a space hopper race



Yesterday for Day 5 I volunteered myself as a competitor in a space hopper race at London Rollergirls. Not something I would usually do but it was fun and brought out my competitive streak.

I came second (grrr) but my roller derby team the Steam Rollers won the bout. Woo hoo!

During my space hopper race, I fell off towards the finish line and now have a lovely bruise on the left cheek of my bottom.

I also managed to acquire a signed James May t-shirt for my friend from the raffle from a lovely girl who gave me the prize after I explained how much it would mean to my obsessive Top Gear fan of a friend. There are some very nice people in the world. Next time I win a raffle I hope I can pass it on too...

No comments:

Post a Comment