Today I was introduced to the wonderful world of the nose flute.
I had planned to do something else as my first 'first' but the buses were so slow down Kingsland Road that I'll have to wait until later in the week to try that new thing. So instead I relied upon my flatmates to introduce something new to my life and they shared with me this little wooden instrument that they liked to call the nose flute.
Jenny made it look very easy, demonstrating to me mystical Clanger-like sounds.
My first few attempts simply resulted in much snot being expelled from my nostrils and a rather soggy instrument.
Upon further tuition from Florence though, I finally mastered the art (well, I at least produced a sound) and so whilst I am yet capable of a recognisable tune, I can proudly say that today I played the nose flute for the first time.
I'll be playing nose flute carols in time for Christmas now...
No comments:
Post a Comment