Saturday, 12 December 2009

Day 11. Touched Immodesty Blaize's bottom


Alright, so it's not quite as exciting as that title makes it sound but I'm going to count it anyway and it was part of an evening that included several firsts and fabulous experiences so let's go with it...




Touching Immodesty Blaize's bottom would definitely have been on my list of things to do before I die if I'd ever thought it achievable and last night I did. It may have only been an accidental brush past of her bum, which happened as I tried to get to the bar and pretend like I wasn't really as in awe of her burlesque goddess-like presence at such close proximity, but I'm still counting it as there definitely was contact and I was (disturbingly)rather excited by the incident.

I also succeeded in molesting Marawa the Amazing (who actually does have the most amazing bottom in show business I've decided- it make Kylie's look like saggy in comparison to its peachiness)as I couldn't resist gushing at her after being reminded of her hula hooping skills. I am a true stalker and fan-girl if ever there was one and probably shouldn't be allowed out in public.

Last night's Whoopee Farewell party at Bethnal Green Working Men's Club had a fantastic atmosphere, a stellar line-up featuring the creme de la creme of the cabaret scene and my favourite venue in London was crammed with beautiful ladies and gentlemen gathered to mourn the demise of Whoopee.

Many first time sights and experiences were to be had and all made me laugh and smile uncontrollably:

I saw a man stapling tin foil to himself for the first time.
I saw a woman do the splits parallel to the pole (quite a sight).
I saw Jo King, the mama of burlesque, show how it's done.
I saw tassel twirling in all directions by a woman with a stocking on her head.
I saw So So Circus for the first time and decided I want to recruit them for a show and also enjoyed watching Paloma Faith and Ryan Styles live for the first time.

All in all was a fantastic night and it was sad that it was the last night for Whoopee.

No comments:

Post a Comment