Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Day 57. Decided to put my love of red to good use


Today I applied to be part of British Heart Foundation's 'Wear Red Day 2010' campaign.

I've been thinking of how I can link my firsts into the LOVE theme and so googled 'heart' and it led me to the BHF's website. Heart disease is a cause close to my heart, as several people close to me have suffered from heart attacks and it's definitely a cause worth supporting and raising awareness for.

I've discovered that February is National Heart Month and today I applied for a kit to help me join in National Wear Red Day on Feb 26th. If anyone else would like to link in their 100days activity to this on that day then that could be good!

I love red- alot- and wear it most days anyway so the thought of encouraging others to get involved in doing so makes me happy. I think I'm going to sell red heart cookies at work and maybe have a red-themed party that evening to try and raise some money and awareness for the cause.

More info about the campaign here.

No comments:

Post a Comment