On New Year's Eve, the last evening of the noughties, I was a little bit naughty.
I have up to this point in my life had very little to do with anything illegal and through various circumstances and personal beliefs not been acquainted with drugs of any kind really. I managed to go through my whole student days without even drinking that much for the most part. So pure and good was I.
On New Year's, just before the clock struck 12, I realised I hadn't done anything new that day and so in order to try and keep up with being a better person (ahem), I tried an illegal substance for the first time. I hadn't up to that point before and so Alice went down the rabbit hole...
or not. It didn't really do anything for me at all. I couldn't feel any effects so there goes my experimentation.
In fact that evening I also tried a snowball (the advocaat cocktail concoction) which tasted like medicine to me- milk of magnesium or something. Not a new favourite drink. Thanks to my kind hosts for their 80s style hospitality and introducing me to these new things but I think I shall stick to a good old glass of wine for now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment