Saturday, 2 January 2010

Day 32. Didn't make any New Year's Resolutions

Today, New Year's day and the first day of a brand spanking new decade, I haven't made any New Year's resolutions for the first time I can remember.

Ever since I can remember, I have been one for making big long lists of resolutions but whilst I'm embracing the thought of a fresh new year and doing new exciting things this coming year, I am hoping that 100 days means the need for New Year's resolutions has been replaced by the single resolve I've kept up for the last month to do one new thing a day.

I'm hoping that over the next 2 months I can keep challenging myself to do more adventurous things, things that scare me and intimidate me a little each day, and so in taking them on and tackling them I can be a better person who achieves more, procrastinates less and knows that I can do these things that I'd like to and haven't yet.

I'm excited for what this new year and phase brings, just as I've enjoyed the challenge of 100 days so far. It's been tricky over the Christmas period and with it being so chilly outside but I'm hoping the next 2 months will see lots of fun and big challenges ticked off as I embrace a new spirit of being able to do new things and conquer the things that have been on my 'to-do' list for years.

Welcome in, New Year and 78 more new things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment