Today I thought I'd get going with the love theme and so sent my dad a text saying 'Love you Dad x' for the first time.
I text my mum this quite often and tell her that I love her when I'm feeling appreciative or just a bit soppy. I realised that I've not texted my dad this before (or told him in person since I was a child) so not quite having the courage to ring him I sent him a text message. We were out of touch with each other for a while but now we're getting closer again and so I thought it would be a nice thing to do.
I didn't expect the reaction though. As soon as I'd sent the message my phone rang. It was my dad. I was suddenly too shy to pick it up. So I let it ring.
Then the house phone rang. And rang. And rang. I didn't pick up. Then my mobile again. My dad left a voicemail message saying to ring him.
I haven't rung him back yet and he's worried something is wrong with me. I've texted to reassure him I'm all fine and he texted back that he loves me too. I think my text confused and worried him though. He think he thought I was dying/something really bad happened. It's made me realise how I've really not told him that before as an adult.
That's quite sad. I didn't mean to freak him out. I hope one day it can be more normal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment