Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Day 44. Had my eyes tested


Today I had an eye examination for the first time.

And oh what a novel experience, it was.

This is one of those things I've been meaning to get around to doing for a while- ever since I noticed that my eyes are getting tired from computer screens, that I seem to hold books really far away and a belief that I'll look pretty darn hot in glasses. Plus, I'm getting on a bit now so thought it was about time I got them checked.

I enjoyed the thrill of having cold air shot into my eyes, wearing an eye patch, getting rather too competitive on spotting the lights in the field vision test (what fun! Like a challenge off The Cube or something- I scored high points,yessss) and seeing what the veins in my eyeballs look like the first time (red and very veiny).

I wondered if opticians get kissed much by people who find their proximity of them to their face a little bit too tempting and confusing (I just about managed to resist). I had my suspicions confirmed that I have very wonky eyes (the machine had to be put up higher and lower dependent on which eye was being tested- I'm like Quasimodo).

After all the many random tests (and even lying a bit in the letters one), I found out that I STILL have near perfect vision and therefore do not need specs yet. I've just got a slightly stronger right eye than left one.

Darn it. I had my eyes on some big old NHS Deidre style ones so I can fit in with all the cool kids...That joy shall have to wait for a bit I suppose and I shouldn't begrudge my healthy eyes (although I do enjoy reading by candelight)...

1 comment:

  1. I thought I might have been the only person who has to resist kissing opticians......

    Dentists dont have the same appeal.


    x

    ReplyDelete