Monday, 25 January 2010

Day 55. Visited The Geffrye Museum



Today I went inside The Geffrye Museum for the first time.

It's a museum of interiors and the home that I've been past many times but never been in so passing by after a lovely Sunday of exploration and walking, I ventured in. I was a bit disappointed in that it is actually rather dull in terms of the way that it's curated. Attempts at interactivity and interpretation seemed rather pointless (such as a panel with bits of fabric through the ages to touch and handsets playing dialogue). The rooms that had been constructed seemed not quite authentic enough and presented without imagination that I would've hoped for. It all seemed a little too safe and clinical which was a shame.

The design of the building inside, with the modern staircase and pod built within such an old frame, was quite striking though and the temporary exhibition space worth keeping an eye on- had some nice eco friendly home products but most shops display them better than they were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment