Monday, 1 February 2010

Day 62. Cooked a full Sunday roast






On Sunday (I'm a traditionalist) I cooked a roast dinner for the first time ever.

How I've escaped this for so long I don't know but whilst I've helped and 'supervised' with many a roasted feast before, this was the first time I took charge.

Potatoes, parsnips, a juicy chicken, stuffing with mushrooms, greens beans, garlic carrots and yorkshire puddings, pigs in blanket. All by myself. Shared with 4 good friends.

Plus I taught my nominated sous chef for the day to make cauliflower cheese and then got a teeny bit of help with the gravy and spiced cabbage to add a little extra.

I did manage to set 2 tea towels on fire in the process which was a bit of a scary moment for all present but apart from that I was rather pleased with my first attempt. The roasted potato scares me no more. I have conquered Mr. Potato head at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment