Monday, 8 February 2010

Day 68. Took afternoon tea in a hotel




On Sunday I had traditional afternoon tea for the first time.

Well, I've had plenty of tea parties and more than my fair share of cake before but this was the first time I've done it properly. It was at Atheneum Hotel and it was lovely to be treated to the works as I caught up with old girly friends.

I have to admit it is a rather decadent and pricey way of basically making yourself feel sick but for a special occasion a lovely thing to do.

In true hungry caterpillar style, here is what I consumed:

1 glass of champagne
6 cups of Earl Grey tea
9 finger sandwiches (smoked salmon and cucumber ones my favourites)
2 scones and jam with clotted cream
1 piece of chocolate cake
1 strawberry and mascarpone slice
1 crumpet with honey

I shan't be indulging my sweet teeth in a while...ooo for at least a good 24 hours I'd say

I

No comments:

Post a Comment