Monday, 15 February 2010

Day 75. Visited Brixton Market and wore a dead animal on my head


On Saturday I visited Brixton Market for the first time.

I thought that it would be full of excitement and newness. I thought it would beat Peckham and persuade me to move there.

I was quite disappointed. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong bits? Or it was just a bit too cold?

I did like Electric Avenue. And I would be curious to return to see if any pizza is really that good to queue for so long for. I think I need to return with an experienced local guide for inside knowledge.

The best part of the day was finding a fur hat (or more of a band, not technically a hat perhaps) that I have since enjoyed wearing nonstop. It is cosy and doubles up as something to stroke when I get stressed. It is also the first time I've worn a dead animal on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment