Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Day 72. Completed a 100 days homage

I'm excited and revitalised by this new challenge of Josie's. I was starting to lull a bit in my enthusiasm for firsts, feeling the pressure of only 30 left to do and lots more biggies to conquer with little energy or funds.

I like this idea of plagiarising others though. So this week I'll be seeking to do for the first time other people's pledges and see where it takes me.

Today, to start with, I'm tackling one that I've really enjoyed: The Facebook Cull. I have recently had a big cull anyway so finding a suitable person to cull has been tricky but here goes. I've certainly not been so analytical in my facebook culling before today.

Katy Measures

HOW DO I KNOW THEM:
Katy was a fellow volunteer with me when I worked at Edinburgh Fringe over two years ago. We bonded together in a trio with another girl after realising that we were 3 vaguely normal and lovely people in a sea of oddballs. We shared a flat and lots of fun nights out and all the bonding fun a month of Edinburgh has to offer.

WHY ARE THEY MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK:
After spending almost solid 3 weeks together, working, (not resting) and playing, I was happy to accept Katy's friendship online and it meant we could share many photos taken. I wanted to keep in touch and see how she got on with starting her art student career. And keep up to date with her fugelhorn playing antics.
After Edinburgh my facebook friends tripled with all the team quite heavily into facebook. Katy was one of the view who has lasted this long.


WHY AM I DELETING THEM:
I've not sent Katy any messages in over a year and so unless we were both planning to volunteer with the venue again I see little point in boring her with my day to day lack of updates etc. We don't have link now except for the memories of a fun summer.

HOW DOES THIS DELETION MAKE ME A BETTER PERSON:
Hmmmm, I'm not so sure. Perhaps it makes me not cling to the past? Although seeing her face did remind me of an adventurous, brilliant time. Perhaps deleting her has made me more determined to work Fringe again this summer and make new acquaintances?

STATUS AT DELETION:
Katy is huddersfield townin it tonight!!!


ANY HESITATION:

Less so after reading her status- who needs old Edinburgh buddies when you've got an active Northern social life worthy of so much exclamation? plus she has over 800 facebook friends. She won't miss me.

REAL WORLD ISSUES/AFFECT:
I don't think I'll ever see her again but it may look weird that I deleted her and not Ciara, our mutual Fringe friend.

FINAL WORDS:
Keep blowing that fugelhorn Katy. And never forget Mike and what he did with that toothpaste...

The original and genius project here

1 comment: