Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Day 82. Sang solo in front of colleagues and school children

Solo karoake was on my original list of things to do for the first time and whilst I've yet to tackle this first, I have ended up singing on my own in front of a school choir of children, senior colleagues from work and strangers which is surely ten times worse?

Just be thankful no audio recording is available.

I've been enjoying going into schools for singing workshops over the last month in preparation for a production of The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. I've been visiting five different schools each week and it's been really fun working alongside a fantastic vocal animateur. She wasn't able to make this session though and the teacher unexpectedly asked me to sing part of the song on my own to the group to help them remember the tune etc. I doubt my quavering voice was much help to them and the episode was rather embarassing but at least now I can do these things asked of me without hesitation and the children were kind enough not to laugh. Karaoke here I come....

No comments:

Post a Comment