Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Day 89. Convinced a friend she can draw

Lorraine's first award winning drawing:
and my drawing: Slinky Sparkles, the model's, chosen favourite!



Last night I went to Dr Sketchy London (not for the first time) but it was the first time that I had persuaded drawing-phobic friend Lorraine to come along and join in the alcohol-fuelled burlesque-modelled life drawing event fun.

I am firmly of the belief that everyone can draw- that everyone can make marks on paper and create their own drawing style. Lorraine was of the opinion she just couldn't do it though but as I arrived she was already getting into the quick sketches and had produced some not-at-all shabby pieces of art of the army themed semi-nude man posing on stage at The Paradise, Kensal Green.

We both had a fantastic time creating our sketches (adding in random themes such as skulls, grave robbing and orangutans at the demands of host Dusty Limits) and I was proud of punch when Lorraine's was selected as a favourite and awarded a prize. Plus lots of fellow sketchers came over and said they loved her drawing. I hope she has more confidence now!

It was also the first time I'd managed to go to a life drawing class and the best piece actually was of dead people...hmmm, a reflection of my current positive outlook on life? The model Slinky Sparkles chose mine as her favourite. Photos above.

No comments:

Post a Comment