


Today I met Angelique Houtkamp for the first time.
I have not yet taken the plunge and got a tattoo (and won't be doing in time for 100 days project now) but so this is one that remains on my list...BUT I have got a step closer as today I met my favourite tattoo artist.
She is one of the only people who I'd trust to ink me up and I love her illustrative style and the influences she draws on. Her work influences and reflecting my own tastes in art (mainly ladies faces, skulls, roses, nauticalia, birds, Victoriana...the usual cliches).
After seeing her artwork up close today at a fun exhibition opening at Nelly Duff I am all the more enamoured and determined to:
a) Be able to afford some art work I love for my walls one day
b) Be a tattoo artist and illustrator myself
c) Get tattooed with something beautiful
I heard that her waiting list is actually 7 months which is better than I thought so I'm going to sign up and get that much closer to this first...A trip to Amsterdam for November around my 28th birthday to get a first tattoo by her is a great plan I think. So whilst not in time for 100 days, at least I'm a bit closer. Some things take time for a reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment