Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Day 84. Went to Cafe Oto

I went to Cafe Oto for the first time for a gig.

It's a lovely little venue just 10 minutes up the road from me off Kingsland Road yet I'd not discovered it before my friend from Cambridge visited and knew friends playing there last Wednesday night. It's a fantastic discovery and I'll be back again for more music and to try their cake and check out the gallery space too. Has a really nice feel to it and was a good crowd there with a couple of other people there I knew too which was a nice surprise. Lots of Brighton people apparently so perhaps that explains the loveliness of them!

Was the launch of Tristram EP and really enjoyed the lead singer's vocals, particularly on more upbeat tracks. The Mariner's Children played and I enjoyed them again plus my current favourites Lulu and the Lampshades didn't disappoint. I love them so and am inspired to learn to play my uke once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment