Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Day 96. Sang karaoke at a gay bar

Whilst in Sheffield I was also dragged to a gay bar I had managed to avoid throughout my years there and it didn't fail to live up to my expectations of being tacky and not worth a repeat visit!

Karaoke night at Dempsey's was quite something. Mostly empty except for about 10 regulars and me and Jan, I felt rather out of my comfort zone. But Jan loved her first karaoke experience. Her Shakira 'She wolf' was quite something.

I was in a very shy mood and so only can half say I did try karaoke as I sang half of Whitney Houston 'Wanna Dance with Somebody' then gave up. Singing to an empty room just doesn't seem right to me!

I did several things haven't done in a long time that night...such as joined in group dance routines such as Saturday Night, the time warp and more. It reminded me of family dos in manchester in the 80s. Jan had fun though.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say that I had been following your blog posts on here and am saddened at the fact you seem to have given up on 96 it's rubbish! I demand that you drag yourself to the finish line and celebrate getting the 100, the last four could be spectacular to make up for your total lack of effort. what do you say? x

    ReplyDelete