Monday, 8 March 2010

Day 93. Drank champagne at the longest champagne bar in Europe

I missed my train on Friday night on my way up north so to console myself whilst I waited an hour I treated myself to a glass of champagne at the longest champagne bar in Europe.

It may be the longest but I'd feel more glamorous and indulgent sipping lambrini at a Wimpy than at the St Pancras bar. The bubbly itself was pleasant enough and slipped down easily but there was so little ambience. I was bewildered by the fact each plywood panelled table had a lampshade yet no light. They seemed to be fake lamps as none were emitting any light.

Odd.

At least I can say I've done it now and another first is completed. I shall know to save my pennies next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hello

    I just wanted to let you know that your project has been one of my favourite 100 days. I've been copying other people's projects over at 10weeksofplagiarism.blogspot.com I never did a formal homage to you as I never really found anything big enough to write a full blog post on. But I wanted to let you know that I was always on the look out for new things to try so I could plagiarise you and so you have inspired me to do all kinds of new little things like try wasabi peas, join a choir, go to the 100days meet up on my own and generally be more open and willing to try stuff.

    Thank you
    xxx

    ReplyDelete